Below is a roadmap and guideline that is inteneded to help summarize you in our process and what you can expect when working with us.
1. Review Practice Listings - We post all available practices on our site as well as their current status.
2. Review Additional Information - We have more information available on every practice to all interested and qualified buyers. This information contains in most cases a profit and loss statement, client service breakdown as well as additional office information. This information is in addition to the .PDF Profile that is currently on the site for viewing.
3. Sign Our Non-Disclosure Agreement - If you would like additional details (as mentioned above) on any of our practices, we will just need you to sign our current non-disclosure agreement. You may call us or email us and we will send it over. Please confidentiality is paramount to us and to our clients. Additional information on any accounting or CPA practice will not be provided until we receive our non-disclosure agreement. There is no fee to sign up and register with us.
4. Review the Marketing Package - After we receive your non-disclosure, we will send you the additional practice information. You should review this information and let us know if you have any further questions or interest in the practice.
5. Initial Qualification - After we receive your feedback and you are interested, we will then give you a call so we can better understand your position and train of thought. If you are qualified to pursue this opporunity further, we can help schedule an intial meeting with the practice owner. Prospective Buyers will need to qualify both professionally and financially in order to meet with the practice owner. Our goal is to not waste your time or the owner's time if the practice you are looking at is not a good fit for either side.
6. Initial Meeting - We will help in scheduling an initial meeting with the practice owner. This is just a general meeting where you will be able to get some more questions answered and get a better feel for the practice. This is not a due diligence meeting. No client files, tax returns or other sensitive information will be reviewed at this time.
7. Offer - If the meeting goes well and you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, the next step is to present the seller with an offer. This offer will be a non-binding offer subject to due diligence. Our goal here is to make sure both the buyer and the seller are on the same page with respect to price, terms, conditions, etc. before the due diligence is performed.
8. Due Diligence - Once the offer is accepted, we will help in setting up a time so you can perform proper due dilgience. At this time you will be able to review client files and get more detailed information about the practice.
9. Buyer Financing - If financing is needed in the transaction, we will organize the information from both buyer and seller in order to submit a proper loan package.
10. Purchase Agreement & Closing - Once due diligence is completed and satisfactory, the next and final stage is preparing the final purchase agreement and scheduling a closing date.